Hello T&F and XC communities,
I want to reach out with an update. BSD has given some of its sports programs permission to have in-person meetings for the next few weeks. These could have started last week.
With deference to the school schedule, we opted not to initiate any in-person meetings during "finals week". As such, we declined the first optional week. This week would have been Week 2. The week ended with the announcement from the office of the governor, asking for a "pause" on many activities that have the potential to contribute to the continued spread of the novel coronavirus. This information, taken in context with the data about the spread in our community, gave us coaches pause:
Were we doing the right thing by hosting gatherings in the environment?
Could we live with ourselves if our selfish desires to spend time with our athletes contributed to the spread of the disease, especially with Thanksgiving next week?
We decided that we couldn't accept these consequences. We are also going to observe a two week break.
If you are interested in joining a yoga session via Zoom at 3pm tomorrow with Coach Neeway and Coach Rozendaal, please send me an email and I will send a link to the Zoom meeting.
In the meantime, please wear a mask and practice social responsibility. The only way we are ever going to have a sports season is if we, as a broader community, can get the spread under control.
and the rest of the T&F and XC coaching staffs