Welcome to Sunset Cross Country
Thank you for making the decision to join the Sunset Cross Country team! We are excited to welcome you to the greater Sunset Cross Country family and be a part of an amazing tradition of success and hard work!
At practice, we'll issue a packet containing schedules, athlete expectations, and a few other items – including an acknowledgement of your receipt and understanding of team rules.
A few quick notes:
· The fall sports season is a very short one for most our team – only 9½ weeks for all but our varsity athletes. The season has started and VACATION TIME SHOULD BE OVER for all high school athletes.
· To avoid the heat of the day, the first week of practice have been scheduled from 9:00 to 11:30. We resume normal practice times on August 20, meeting at 3:00 pm. Practices are MANDATORY. A full schedule is available on our calendar page.
· On Tuesday, August 14, we will have a PARENT MEETING in the school cafeteria, beginning promptly at 7:00 pm. This meeting will address season plans including race schedules, volunteer opportunities, and expectations of athletes and parents. We encourage all parents and athletes to attend.
· Our MILES THAT MATTER FUNDRAISER is fundamental to our program. We ask ALL team members (including new members) to participate. This fundraiser supports both a worthy cause (Shriner’s Hospitals for Children) and is the team’s ONLY source of funding for its activities.
· Absences on LABOR DAY will be excused but must be cleared in writing in advance. There will be no practice on Saturday during Labor Day weekend. Most athletes will have a running workout to complete on that day. Please support them in their effort (which might include them trying to meet with teammates to complete the assigned run at Sunset or some other location of their choosing).
· Athletes may attend APOLLO PREVIEW DAYS at ANY TIME. The best time is right after practice! Absences for Preview Days will be unexcused.
The Sunset High School Cross Country Coaching Staff